San Antonio Clean Energy Incubator
LETTER FROM THE EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Brief History and Overview
In May 2011, the San Antonio Clean Energy Incubator (SACEI) was created as a collaborative partnership between multiple entities including the Texas State Energy Conservation Office, the University of Texas at San Antonio's Texas Sustainable Energy Research Institute (TSERI), UTSA's Institute for Economic Development, the San Antonio Clean Tech Forum, the Mission Verde Alliance, and the University of Texas' Austin Technology Incubator.
In August 2011, experienced entrepreneur Andrew Trickett became the Executive Director of SACEI.
Mission and Vision
SACEI's mission is to develop new companies and foster new business activity related to clean technology in San Antonio, in ways that can be expanded to Texas, our nation, and the world in order to promote socioeconomic prosperity.
SACEI will profoundly impact the energy future of San Antonio, Texas and the nation. The Incubator will help create and foster a business ecosystem where San Antonio becomes one of the foremost clusters for cleantech business, especially for emerging companies.
The Incubator will serve as a primary resource for all companies to develop solutions for cleantech that benefit San Antonio by helping our region achieve energy independence through economically and environmentally sustainable energy efficiency; as well as create attractive new jobs for our region.
As well as its own experienced staff, SACEI has an extensive network of relationships with industry, funding sources, government agencies, and many other entities and individuals that can help an emerging cleantech company to become a market leader and a successful enterprise. This enables SACEI to offer a wide array of high-impact services. SACEI will customize the package of services according to an individual company's needs and desires. These include, but are not limited to:
• Assistance with fundraising, including non-traditional sources of investment capital and sponsored R&D
• Networking into private and public sector entities for sales and strategic investment
• Intensive business planning, sales planning and mentoring
• Helping technical inventors team up with business leaders, to form well-rounded teams
• Helping entrepreneurs team up with experienced mentors
• Support in conducting both business and technical research
• Access to office and laboratory facilities
• Referrals to complementary business services provided by partners
About Our Team
SACEI's Executive Director, Andrew Trickett, lends a wide variety of relevant experience to our client companies. He is a successful entrepreneur, and advises numerous startups. He has also served as an in-house venture capitalist for an IT services provider. He was a partner in one of the world's largest strategy consulting firms. He has an extensive background in finance, having been an investment banker, as well as holding an MBA from The Wharton School and a BBA from the University of Texas at Austin. SACEI's staff also has deep experience in the technical, business and regulatory aspects of cleantech industry sectors, including water.
SACEI's resources also includes a team of student interns, available to conduct deep-dive research into specific business, regulatory and technical issues.
Students -- There are always opportunities for you at SACEI, come talk to us!
You can contact us at: SACEI@utsa.edu
Andrew Trickett, San Antonio Clean Energy Incubator
Sort by Title
- Eagle Ford Shale
- STEM Learning through Gaming
- Energy Conservation & Residential Consumption
- Energy Water Nexus
- San Antonio Clean Energy Incubator
- Electrification of Transportation
- Carbon Capture, Storage, Sequestration and Reutilization
- UTSA SmartLiving Campus
- Large Scale Photovoltaic Integration
- UTSA Installation of Distributed Solar Energy Resources