Home Energy Yardstick
The Institute is interested in how homes are measuring up. If you take the ENERGY STAR Home Energy Yardstick, please email a PDF of your report to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the year your home was built. The Home Energy Yardstick is designed for single family homes, and not yet applicable to apartments or multi-family properties.
The Home Energy Yardstick allows you to compare your household’s energy use to others across the country and get recommendations for improvement.
With five minutes and your last 12 months of utility bills, you can see how your home measure’s up when compared to similar homes across the country. Your “Yardstick Score” will be between 0 and 10, with 10 being the most energy efficient. Your report will come complete with a few tips on ways to improve a low score, and check out www.energystar.gov/homeadvisor for more ways to improve efficiency and comfort.
Current Student Involvement Projects
- UTSA Solar Forecasting Research
- Eagle Ford Shale
- STEM Learning through Gaming
- Energy Conservation & Residential Consumption
- Energy Water Nexus
- San Antonio Clean Energy Incubator
- Electrification of Transportation
- Carbon Capture, Storage, Sequestration and Reutilization
- UTSA SmartLiving Campus
- Large Scale Photovoltaic Integration
- UTSA Installation of Distributed Solar Energy Resources