Comparing Light Bulbs
In this exercise, students will use a light to demonstrate the difference between being energy-efficient and energy-wasteful, and learn what energy efficiency means. After the lesson, they should be able to discuss the following:
* How does using less energy help our environment?
* Do compact fluorescent light bulbs and standard light bulbs create the same amount of light?
* How do you know if one light bulb is more efficient than another light bulb?
* What is one way we can save energy at home?
* Brainstorm: what are other ways we can save energy?
- Elementary (K-5)
- Middle School (6-8)
- Strand 1: Questioning, Analysis & Interpretation Skills
- Strand 2.1: The Earth as a Physical System
- Strand 2.4: The Environment & Society
Office of Energy Efficiency and Renewable Energy
1000 Independence Avenue, SW
Washington, District of Columbia
Organization Type: Natural Resource Education
U.S. Department of Energy